1. International Recognition: The Associate of Arts degree is recognized globally, and many universities outside Canada accept it for admission to their bachelor’s degree programs. This means that international students can start their university career in Canada and later transfer to other universities in their home country or other parts of the world.
2. English Language Proficiency: Pursuing the Associate of Arts degree program in Canada can help international students improve their English language skills. The courses in the program are taught in English, which gives international students the opportunity to enhance their English proficiency and communication skills.
3. Cultural Experience: Studying in Canada provides international students with a unique experience to learn about Canadian culture and society. They can interact with Canadians, learn about their customs, and gain knowledge about the country’s history, geography, and social issues. This exposure can help international students become more open-minded and develop a global perspective.
4. Career Opportunities: The Associate of Arts degree program can help international students secure employment in Canada or in their home country. The courses in the program provide knowledge and skills in critical thinking, research, communication, and problem-solving, which are highly valued by employers.
5. Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP): Associate degrees are popular with international students since programs at selected local universities and colleges offer a 3 year Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) upon completion of the programs and students may eligible for Permanent Resident Status after 1 year of full time work experience.